Welcome to term 4 everyone. There is only nine weeks of school left for the year with lots of learning still to happen! This term we have our Athletics Day coming up along with Parent-Teacher interviews and reports.
Have a look at the Online Cloze Reading we are doing in class and children can practice at home as well. This is one way to support comprehension and understanding when reading a story. We use 5 strategies to support our learning and picking the right word
- Looking for capital letters because we know sentences start with a capital letter.
- Does the sentence make sense with the word we are using?
- Try all the words to see what word makes the most sense.
- Read on past the blank space to help gain more meaning.
- Look for words in the text that have a relationship with a word in the list (garden -overgrown, window - broken, running - feet)
We are all looking forward to a great term.